[TenTec] Thoughts re: Corsair II

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 16:08:51 -0400 (EDT)

> Or an RIT!! Due to the software issue the dual vfo scheme deteriorates the
> QSK characteristics significantly. This was noted by users of the V,
> reported back to TT, and fixed in the VI. Many users report "no problem at
> all" using the vfo split...but the QSK does deteriorate. TT service
> department  will verify this if you ask them.

Yes they fixed the lack of rit however, the way they fixed the slowed qsk
in split mode was to make qsk slower in non-split mode I know this is hair
splitting but the Omni VI's qsk begins to fall apart above 50wpm. Many of
the qrq operators were dissapointed for this reason back when the SIX was
first introduced.

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky