[TenTec] Using Scout Mobile

Bahr, Casey casey.bahr@intel.com
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 16:24:52 -0700

Wow, I was really gratified at how many of you responed
to my questions about running my Scout mobile under
perhaps less than ideal conditions. To an op, you were
all quite satisfied with the rig's ruggedness and operating
ease, so all my doubts have been settled just fine. Thanks
again to you all (got about 8-10 responses, btw).

Another question: I plan to operate mine mainly on CW,
both stationary, as a passenger, and as a driver. Anyone
want to share their tips for mounting or not mounting
the key or paddles? I have Benchers now and thought
when driving I could just lay them on the seat. When
a passenger it turns out that the open glove box door
in the Land Cruiser works perfectly (and is very rugged, btw).

Did anyone build some sort of bracket or shelf or use
a leg strap? Sorry, I guess this is really not so TT-related
after all. :}

73,

Casey
Casey Bahr, KS7J, FISTS #3648, CC #450, FNW #1
Trustee, FISTS Northwest, K7FFF, FISTS #4400, CC #457
http://www.imagina.com/webpages/casey/k7fff
Vista Valley FISTS CW Club, K6FFF, FISTS #4444
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/k6ffffists