[TenTec] IC706MKII vs DX70TH

seweber@netnitco.net seweber@netnitco.net
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 11:40:19 +0600

>All,
>If any of you have pewrsoanl experience with the IC706MKII, preferably with
>the optional filters (fl223, ssb, and the cw ) and also the DX70TH I woulkd
>very much like a discussion of comparison between them I am about to purchase
>on e of these.
>For the sake of comparison, the cost differnces are not an isue. Also, the
>best way to make this comaprison is between the 706MKII with the optional
>filters and the DX70Th with its filters (included in price, not optional)
>RSVP
>jeff
>
>--

Jeff:

Wrong reflector...way wrong reflector!!  Many of us on the Ten-Tec
reflector are recovering riceaholics, having owned one or two or three or
ten imports and finally realized that what we were looking for was raw
performance, not an incredibly flashy collection of marginally useless
bells and whistles.

We have come home to Ten-Tec, radios built by hams for hams, that actually
work as they are designed, day after day, year after year, decade after
decade.

Steve Weber, KD9BO
seweber@netnitco.net

When promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your
superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical and psychological
observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your verbal
evaporations have lucidity, intelligibility, and veracious vivacity without
rodomontade or thespian bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic
profundity, pompous propensity, and sophomoric vacuity.

In other words, KISS (keep it simple etc.)