[TenTec] Scout band module problems -Reply

Paul Plasters PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:35:37 -0500

Hi;
Guess I will share a problem I had.  It is a bit embarrassing however!  I
put the Scout in a new mobile bracket, a bit easier to use than the
original, (Not a factory make).  Later I decided to switch to 40 meters.  I
could not get the module to budge.  I really pried on it.
I finally decided I would take the radio out of the car, dis-assemble it, and
find the cause.  It had been in there quite a while, and I was thinking
some thing had arced and welded it self in, or some thing similar.
When I sat it on the bench, giving a little tug to the module it came right
out!  I noticed a little gouge on the left side of the module.  It seems the
screws were a bit too long, and had actually bound it up solid.  Live and
learn!
73 Paul WA9FFL
      o~
  _[-/)_