[TenTec] QRP

Nr5q@aol.com Nr5q@aol.com
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:00:42 EDT

My sincere thanks to all who answered. I will most certainly try the QRP page.
I'm beginning to understand a little better.

I have modern transceivers and amps gathering dust while I'm trying to work
all states on my home built regenerative receiver and crystal controlled
transmitter--a pair of 807's with 100 watts out.  I suppose QRP is akin to
what I'm doing. I wanted to find out how it felt to be "rock-bound" with both
a homebuilt transmitter and "blooper" receiver. No Kits. No paint by numbers.
No electronic keyers. Just plain old mid thirties type hamming.

I must confess that it seems you QRP'ers are getting out better than I am. I
have worked about 15 states in the past few days--but it is not easy to work
'em with a fixed freq.

I appreciate the sincere attempts to help an OT understand. This shows that
while top band may be known as the Gentlemen's band, there are a lot of
Gentlemen QRP'ers.

73,

Bruce