[TenTec] Centurion - comments?

Chris Robson crobson@erie.net
Mon, 09 Mar 1998 07:05:39 -0500

At 08:19 PM 3/8/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I find myself considering the Centurion amp for my station.  How about a
>few remarks from users about this amp.  In particular, I'd like to know
>more about:
>	Operating ease
>	tolerance for high SWR's (my Centaur does a fine job into 7:1 and
>more)
>	fan noise
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>	73,  Duane

Duane,

	I just picked one up about a month ago to replace my SB-200 and the
Centurion is a dream come true. I run it with my Omni-6+ and it is a
perfect match. It is quiet, very easy to operate, and QSK is fantastic! I
never even read the manual(truely the americian way!) and had it on the
air.  My Wife(KB3B) usually is intimidated by the amps(SB-200 makes alot of
relay noise),can tune and operate the Centurion with no problem. She like
the fact that the relays are so quiet, she can't even tell if its on unless
she watches the led peak meter. We ran it in ARRL DX and I think she will
let me keep it! hi hi!  I believe you will be as happy with th Centurion as
I am.

73, Chris KB3A