[TenTec] Amateur Radio in a Saturn

Paul R. Valko prvalko@oakland.edu
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 22:05:58 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Steve wrote:

> Paul, I have a '92 SC2 going with about 100k miles and the only time I
> hear noise on the built in AM radio is when the signal is weak.  This is
> definitely undesirable but I have not experienced the problem to the
> extent that you mention.

Hi Steve...

You are 100% correct.  I could only hear ignition noise while tuned to a
weak AM station - strong stations blot QRN out.  Compared to a 30KW BC
station, Most ham sigs are what would be classified as weak :-)  so the
noise was ALWAYS there.

I do not think a typical Saturn owner would ever hear the static or if
they did, would blame it on poor reception rather that the ignition
system.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics

http://www.acs.oakland.edu/~prvalko