[TenTec] Omni Six Plus Output Power Adjustment

TROY WIDEMAN troy_wideman@eee.org
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 19:34:43 -0800

Paul,
 I had the same indication however I could get only a maximum of 90 watts on
some bands and about 80 on 160m. Check in the manual for the procedure to
"align" the transmitter ( the section for the 9 MHz Mixer/IF Board, 81594 -
note that my rig is the Omni VI with the option 3 upgrade). The control to
adjust the power level is R46 ( if I read the schematic correctly, this
appears to set the ALC limit).
 I was able to set the power for 100 watts on 20m as per the instructions and
this brought the other bands up ( of course) but I still don't get a full 100
watts on 160m. Maybe someone more savvy will have a better approach. Hope this
helps. Troy, W6HV