[TenTec] Re: {TenTec} Paragon Kam interface

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:51:52 -0500

> because the AFSK input line was connected to the Mic input, and the
> result was distorted audio during SSB operation.  I would consider wiring
> for AFSK I weren't going to have to pull the TNC or AFSK plugs when
> operating SSB.

If the Omni VI is wired the same as my Omni V in that area, then I would
say yes, you may have the same problem. They didn't bother to isolate the
two inputs with a mixer and just hooked them in parallel through a 22k
resistor.

The fsk frequencies tend to be more stable in my Kam than in the Omni so I
stick with AFSK. The rig allows full use of filters in either fsk or ssb
mode so it's no problem Such is not the case in many other rigs such as the
TS-940 etc whch do not allow the cw filter to engage while in ssb mode
Steve Ellington
Amateur Radio Operator N4LQ