[TenTec] Argo 556 RF Power Adj, Drift?

James Fielden fielden@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 17:59:52 -0500

Hello All,

I just got an Argo 556 and had a couple of questions right off.

I was adjusting the RF Power through the hole in the bottom of the rig, and
it seems really jumpy while I'm adjusting, goes down to 1 watt but when I
turn it up, it seems to go way past 5 watts, is this normal, How many watts
do they turn up to, and will this damage the rig if I turn it past 5 watts?

Second questions, I have a hard time keeping it on Freq, like I want to stay
on 21.110.0  It forever wants to slowly drift up to 21.110.1, or 7.110.0
Same problem it just want stay there, maybe it will after an hour or so I'm
not sure, but just wondering if that is normal?

Well One more question now that I'm here, the Power/SWR Meter on front
panel, can I trust that to give me a good reading on swr?

Hmm Maybe I could ask questions all day on this radio, but I'm new to it and
it to me so we will learn each other and I'm sure I'll have more questions
soon...

73,

Jim  -- KC4SMH
fielden@utkux.utcc.utk.edu