[TenTec] Squelch control for Omni C 546

Dan Baldwin baldwin@primenet.com
Tue, 05 May 1998 16:25:20 -0700

>The Omni C is labeled simply Omni  and comes only in digital version. It has
>all WARC bands in addition to the std ones and has two 'toggle' switches for
>filter control instead of the six-position rotary switch of the B series.

This is the rig (Omni C) I purchased from Ten-Tec I also purchased the
matching
power supply (model 255). The rig came with the 217 (500hz) and 218 (1.8khz)
filters so I was lucky there. I purchased crystals for the 17 and 12 meter
bands so now I have all WARC bands. It did not come with the crystals but is
WARC capable. Thanks for the info. I think now I understand the evolution of
the Omni rigs. I am also looking for a Triton IV digital for a backup rig.
I like the older rigs because they are simpler to operate and don't have alot
of unnecessay features I would never use.

Thanks again - Dan, KK7JZ