[TenTec] TenTec for 160M -Reply

Scott w4pj@w4bkx.ampr.org
Thu, 07 May 98 11:03:21 -0400

"h
See an article in CQ March 1997: "The 160 Meter Upside Down Antenna"
describing one type of loaded sloper. I've seen other articles showing
other types of loaded wire antennas for top band. The "Linear loaded"
sloper comes to mind. I have a full sized 80m loop supported apex up
by a 60 ft Rohn 25 tower that also has a Tri-Bander on top. When I
finally get around to making some planned changes in antennas there,
I also plan to reconfigure the loop with a SPST relay at the mid-point
of the wire. It is presently fed with 450 ohm 'windowline' and I will
use the same method to feed the modified loop. I may move the feedpoint
to a spot 1/4 wavelength (on 80m) from the top. It is near one of the
lower corners at this time. I have used the loop on 160m by removing
one wire from the balanced feed at the tuner, making it an endfed 1/2
wavelength of wire. That works well as far as loading up is concerned
but not very effective for DXing.
Good Luck and let us know what you come up with.
de Scott / W4PJ

P.S. The jerk signing W4PJ on top of 3B7RF on Wed. 6 May at ca. 2210Z
14024 Kc. was not me.  It was an impostor, maybe an enemy ? Certainly
a cowardly one if so. Grandpa once told me he didn't trust a man who
didn't have good friends AND good enemies. I'd like to know who this
one is so I can treat him as such, but I doubt if he is man enough to
reveal his identity. He prefers to hide behind the anonimity of his
paddle. (Maybe I should get a T-shirt with "WRONG VFO" on it - Har!)
de Scott / W4PJ --- The  *REAL*  W4PJ