[TenTec] Corsair I problems, questions.

K1epj K1epj@aol.com
Sun, 10 May 1998 10:55:04 EDT

I picked up a Corsair I at a hamfest this weekend. I've had TenTec radios
before (540, 544, 580) and this one is the best yet. The QSK is great. I
really think it increases my max code speed by  5-10 WPM, but it has a few
problems.
I asked the seller if it worked ok and of course he replied yes, it works
fine. I guess I should have been more detailed with my questions. Like, does
it have full output on all bands etc..
The first problem I noticed is that I cannot get the ALC indicator to light
with the ALC control fully clockwise. If I back off on the control to about
75% then I can turn up the drive and the ALC indicator lights and I get aprox
90 watts out. I went through the "low level driver" adjustment procedure
without changing the condition. Is this a problem?
The second problem is that the highest output I can get on 15 meters is about
5 watts. I went through each band and checked the output into a dummy load.
All of the other bands are OK. Any ideas?.

Thanks es 73 Dave K1EPJ