[TenTec] Kenmore

Joseph Koppi jkoppi@pclink.com
Sun, 10 May 1998 10:30:15 -0500

>Bill Clarke wrote:
>>
>> Now that you mention it, that might not be such a bad idea. (selling
>> TenTec in Radio Shack)
>>
>> Bill W2BLC
>>
>To my way of thinking, selling TT ant RS would cheapen the good TenTec
>name.  I personally won't buy anything larger than a battery at RS.
>Just my opinion.  	NW6R ..

Ross and the TT Gang:  Once a long time ago I was a Radio Shack hater but
have since done a 180.  I have the HTX-202 2m HT, the HTX-212 2m mobile,
and recently sold the HTX-404 70cm HT because I just don't use 440 (no dx).
My experience is that the RS products are reliable workhorses.  I recommend
them all the time.  I find other RS consumer electronics products to be as
reliable as those I might buy at Best Buy, Circuit City, or other places.

If TT were to sell products through RS stores, I think TT would still be on
the hook for its reputation, ie., a TT product bought at RS has the quality
that TT puts into it, not RS.  Incidentally, there are approximately 7,000
RS stores.  What if RS ordered 2 copies of each of six different TT kits
for each store?  Anybody got a calculator handy?  Perhaps this might be a
nice financial shot in the arm for our favorite ham radio company.

FWIW.  73 to all,

Joseph Koppi
jkoppi@pclink.com
St. Paul, Minnesota