[TenTec] Which older TenTecs have WARC ?

j.w. thornton dub@oklahoma.net
Sun, 10 May 1998 15:38:41 -0500

>Mike, look for an Omni C or Corsair I, if your wanting a nice older
>ten tec rig.  Both have the warc bands.  The Omni D also has them but
>some only have one or two of the warcs in them.  The warc bands was
>an option at the time the Omni D was made.  All are nice rigs.  The
>corsair is a hard rig to beat.  I've had 3 of them and they have nice
>filtering and many options.  I sold my last one for $450.  Good luck
>and I wished I'd kept it now.....

The Omni D simply tells you the Omni has digital readout.  The Omni C I
have, came out with the 30 meter band included, however, 12 and 17 meters
were not yet available, thus the Omni C may or may not have these crystals.
 It DOES have provision for them, and I understand they are still
available.  The Omni D (digital) or Omni A (analog), series A or B have
provision for 30 and 12 meter band crystals, but will NOT accommodate 17
meters, due to internal design.

Dub WA5YFY
J. W. (Dub) Thornton
QRP-l  #159