[TenTec] (no subject)

Bill_Ames@hysoft.com Bill_Ames@hysoft.com
Wed, 13 May 1998 10:33:05 -0400

Please don't fault TT for their web site. Most good web sites are a labor
of love and require a very knowledgeable person to maintain them. As an
expense it would seem reasonable that TT uses an employee to do this work
and that requires them to have someone who would be capable of getting a
good salary in the computer industry. This implies that they would need to
use one of their more "expensive" resources and these resources don't
usually have much free time. Also, TT has not yet realized that a "quality"
web site is a business asset, not that a poor one is a liability, just the
better ones get more attention!

Bill Ames
KB1LG

==

Hello All:
   I would like to know if anyone else out there is a bit put off by the
Ten
Tec web site. If it is running - as I find it to be down most of the time-
it
loads very slow and does not display all of the graphics.  I hate to
mention
the competition but I find the TT web site to be a reflection of the
company.
    I am the proud owner of a 100% TT station and yes the service is a bit
better than others but I think TT has a "cult" following and the company
cannot break out of this mind set.
    The competition certainly has a larger product selection and I do
believe
TT has a very high quality factor but I cannot help feeling that somehow
owning TT is a compromise of sorts. Oh, well with that off my chest I look
forward to any thoughts and comments.
    73   Ken