[TenTec] User must have web problems

rohre rohre@arlut.utexas.edu
13 May 1998 11:21:22 -0500

Never have found the Ten Tec Web page down or failing to load graphics; if I
have images selected in Netscape.  I also have not noted any slowness of the
current Ten Tec web page in my occasional visits.  The user might have an old
version of a browser, or it might have stored in cache old pages that are not
part of the new Web Page.

The user having problems may need to check his preferences in his web browser,
and make sure image loading is consistently selected.  Also, he should dump
his web cache to flush out old links or obsolete Ten Tec pages, or select his
browser to compare cached pages and load only the most recent one.  It sounds
like he has the old Ten Tec web pages that were changed a year or more ago.
If his browser is not set to load fresh images, it will call up whatever it
last had from the site I believe.

The users should make sure they are linked to the correct current web site,
rather than crosslinked from another site that could slow them down.  Standard
disclaimer, just observations from my own experience with other sites, and an
older computer.

73, Stuart K5KVH