[TenTec] keyer

Scott w4pj@w4bkx.ampr.org
Sat, 16 May 98 09:15:32 -0400

@"Ð
The CMOS Super Keyer II is my current favorite.
They have the III advertised in QST. I use Iambic paddle with old
lightning bug in parallel (both vibroplex) and a press of 2 buttons
on the keyer switches between them. Some confusion about IAMBIC, but
when I started, I didn't have any habits - good or bad, so IAMBIC wasn't
a problem for me. My ELMER, however, is a much different story. He's a
left-handed bug user for decades and for this old dog, learning a new
trick on the IAMBIC was too much. He told me how he used to take the vibro-
plex bugs apart and reinstall the works on the reverse side of the base
for left-handed use. He now uses a bug of his own design and machining.
Good Luck de Scott / W4PJ