[TenTec] Are bands up or down?

james sivils sivilsj@getonthe.net
Thu, 28 May 1998 14:42:13 -0500

Simmons, Reid W wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I am in need of a frame of reference.  The bands (160 - 10) seem to have
> been really poor for sometime now.  Is this my imagination, my receiver,
> or what?  The background noise seems to be averaging about an S5 (or
> more), and at times my OMNI VI/3 on receive sounds more like my Heath
> Sixer (super regen) than the modern, sophisticated device it is.
>
> Comments invited.
>
> Reid, K7YX
> Proud owner of an OMNI VI/3
>
> --

  Reid:

I too have a omni vi/3.  I have one or so other rigs I can compare it with
by the push of one button.  I have had it about 4 to 5 years.  When I
decided to get it upgraded to a +, I was somewhat disappointed in it's
performance, but had not actually compared it for I did not have the push
button set up.  When it came back there was a noticiable improvement in it's
performance.  They had found a problem during the update and had repaired
it.  It is my opinion that problem had been around for sometime and I just
did not notice it.  I don't have the noise background you are referring to,
and in my opinion the bands are up more than down. I would check it out.

jim Wb0lhc