[TenTec] from a Scout to ???

Caitlyn M. Martin cait.martin@ibm.net
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 13:55:00 -0500

Hi, Bill,

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Delta II.  That's the rig that really
got me into TenTec, and I only sold it because I wanted something
smaller at the time.  Big mistake!  It's general coverage, full
featured, has a nice receiver, and that wonderful combination of the
Jones filter (which you know from the Scout) and passband tuning makes
it possible to sort out the signal you want from the QRM better than
anything else I've found.  I don't doubt that one of the other rigs
mentioned may have a more sensitive receiver, but if you can't hear the
signal for adjacent QRM, what's the point?  The Delta II picks out the
weak one between the strong ones beautifully.

It was never a popular radio, and I've never understood why.  Mine was
superb, and I'd get another in a heartbeat if I weren't facing some
major expenses right now.

Good luck and 73,
Caity
KU4QD