[TenTec] Noisy relay in Corsair II

W5TB w5tb@SoftHome.net
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 08:04:08 -0500

At 8:04 PM -0500 11/5/98, K & H Darwin wrote:
>What is the easiest way to disable (or silence) the auxilary relay in the
>Corsair II.  I suppose I could remove it but I was thinking it would be
>smoother if I was able to simply tie some control line to power or
>something to make the relay stay open all the time.

Kieth -- on my Omni V I found the easiest answer I received was to remove
the plastic relay cover (lifts right off on the Omni - not sure about
Corsair) and insert a small piece of cardboard between the relay elements.
5 min of work and now the shack is quiet again :-)  Easy to undo should I
ever sell the rig -- not likely! ;-)

73  T.E. 'Doc' Drake  W5TB

Arlington, TX     w5tb@softhome.net   http://www.qsl.net/w5tb/
QRPARCI # 3252  NORCAL #1002  QRP-L #673  FISTS # 5365
ARRL Life Member