[TenTec] Delta II back light

Carl Hyde carl.s.hyde@lmco.com
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:19:21 -0500

I posted it yesterday but here it is again. Go to the following URL:

http://www.electroluminescent.thomasregister.com/olc/electroluminescent/customiz.htm

                                             Electroluminescent Technologies
Corporation
                                      2113 Wells Branch Parkway, Suite 5400 •
Austin, Texas 78728
                           Office 512/252-1299 • Fax 512/252-1181 •
                        Email eltech@ellamp.com • www.ellamp.com

They have a $50.00 kit that contains a 6x10 sheet of new technology EL material
with several edge connectors to choose from.  The material can be cut with
scissors, xacto knive etc.  It is 12 mils thick operated on 54 - 200 vac, 50 to
400Hz and has a half life of 50,000 hours.  It comes in four colors and there
are several edge connectors available including solder-on.  I personally would
use a good paper cutter for accuracy.  After the material is cut you must
insulate the cut edges with clear tape like heavy packing tape.  The cut edges
will have voltage present if not insulated.  The factory die cuts the material
in such a way that the edges are still insulated.  You should be able to get
three strips from one sheet so you may want to split costs between two people.
I gave Ten Tec the news yesterday and they are thrilled also.  I sold my Delta
II last night so I will let the new owner know about the cure for future
reference.    The colors available are: Blue Blue/Green  Green and White.  The
company will ship COD but they are not set up for credit cards as yet.  They
developed this kit for prototyping and small quantity use and this is the first
time they have had a product sold directly to consumers.  When I told them what
it was for they said most of their orders were from ham radio people.

Harry Coates is looking for someone to share the price of a kit. So I hope that
helps everyone and it certainly means that your Delta II will retain its value
for along time.  I personally think the Delta II is one of the best radios Ten
Tec made.  Too bad one bad review by a rice loving traitor did it in in its
initial reviews.  Those of you who own one are lucky cause now that the display
problem is cured they will be in demand (hear that Tim?)

Duane Budd wrote:

> YOU WROTE:
>
> "A HUGH TNX to CARL HYDE!!!!! He found a source
> for electrolume material. In one day the problem looks like it's solved. The
> team on this reflector is the BEST!!!         Tnx Carl,    '73,"   Harry
> Coates  WA8HC
>
> How about sharing that source with the rest of us?
>
> 73
>
> Budd, K4AAE
>
> --

Carl Hyde
carl.s.hyde@lmco.com
Desk:  (609) 866-6386
Fax:   (609) 866-6414

POLITICS:  From the Latin prefix "Poli" meaning "Many" and the word "Tics"
           meaning "blood sucking parasites"