[TenTec] OMNI VI Web Site

Michael A. Newell wb4huc@texas.net
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 23:48:02 -0600

Hello Everyone:

I seem to have some extra room in the
disk space allocation granted to me by
my internet service provider, so I thought
it might be nice to create a place where
we can accumulate and share knowlege
of and information about the OMNI VI.

To that end, I have create the beginnings
of a small web site for that purpose.

It's all more or less blank right now, and
some of the pages aren't there yet, but
that's because I have nothing to put in them.

So I need all you Ten Tec-ians (Ten Tec-nicians,
Ten Tec-nophobes, etc.) to take a look at the
site, see the direction it's headed, make suggestions
of things you'd like to see,  and send me stuff to put
in it.

Right now I have the following sections defined:

OMNI VI SPECIFICATIONS - a list of
     specifications as provided by Ten Tec

OPERATING TIPS - for any little tricks or
     techniques that might result in easier or
     more efficient operation of the radio.

MODIFICATIONS AND ENHANCEMENTS -
     All of those things that get posted on the
     email reflector to correct problems and
     improve the radio.

COMPUTER CONTROL OF THE OMNI VI -
     A list of software that supports the radio as
     well as a list of the control codes and maybe
     some examples written in varous languages.

AMATEUR STATIONS USING THE OMNI VI -
      Photos of and information about people who
      are using the OMNI in their stations.

VIEW THE OMNI VI GUESTBOOK -
      See feedback about the site.

SIGN THE OMNI VI GUESTBOOK -
      Provide feedback about the site.

SEND FEEDBACK TO THE AUTHOR -
      For sending me all the stuff to put on the
      site and letting me know privately what you
      think.

This site will depend heavily upon the kindness of
strangers. I can put a certain amount of stuff out
there myself, but I'm depending a lot on contributions,
no matter how great or small.

So if you have anything related to the topics listed,
or if you have other topics you would like to see,
please let me know.

One of the first things I need is a better photo to put
in the graphic that's at the top of the pages. I'll try
to take one myself and get it in shortly, but if anyone
has one they can send me I would appreciate it.

PLEASE SEND ALL FEEDBACK TO ME DIRECTLY.
I DON'T WANT TO CLUTTER UP THE REFLECTOR
WITH SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION.

To see the site (even thought it's very sparse right now)
point your web browser to:

http://wb4huc.home.texas.net/omni-vi

Thank you,

Mike Newell - WB4HUC