[TenTec] You "no clickers"

Chester Alderman chestert@pressroom.com
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:08:48 -0500

--=====================_43280793==_.ALT

Nope, but I operate cw over 30wpm with the QSK set to slow and adjust the QSK
speed with the DLY button setting. Have never heard any clicking in my seven
year old Omni 6. I just sold an FT-1000MP that I was testing against my Omni 6,
because the audio thumps in that rig when you have the narrow CW 455kc filters
turned on, will drive you batty. Odd enough, you can eliminate hearing them by
using different types of headphones. However, the MP has a filter selection
design problem that causes the audio thumping.
When I first got my Omni, I noticed I had some strong signal intermod. By
removing the diodes that select the AUX ANT, I eliminated that problem. My Omni
broke recently and when I sent it to TenTec I asked them to put those diodes
back into the Low Pass filter board...now I've got those same strong signal
intermod problems again...OUT THEY GO!!!

At 11:05 AM 11/22/98 -0500, you wrote:

> Let's pin this down some. You guys with non clicking Omni 6's....
> Do you operate cw over 30wpm in FAST QSK mode on 160 through 20 meters?
>

> Steve N4LQ

Chester Alderman
Tom - W4BQF
chestert@pressroom.com

--=====================_43280793==_.ALT

Nope, but I operate cw over 30wpm with the QSK set to slow and adjust the
QSK speed with the DLY button setting. Have never heard any clicking in
my seven year old Omni 6. I just sold an FT-1000MP that I was testing
against my Omni 6, because the audio thumps in that rig when you have the
narrow CW 455kc filters turned on, will drive you batty. Odd enough, you
can eliminate hearing them by using different types of headphones.
However, the MP has a filter selection design problem that causes the
audio thumping.<br>
When I first got my Omni, I noticed I had some strong signal intermod. By
removing the diodes that select the AUX ANT, I eliminated that problem.
My Omni broke recently and when I sent it to TenTec I asked them to put
those diodes back into the Low Pass filter board...now I've got those
same strong signal intermod problems again...OUT THEY GO!!!<br>
At 11:05 AM 11/22/98 -0500, you wrote: <br>
guys with non clicking Omni 6's....</font><br>
Do you operate cw over 30wpm in FAST QSK mode on 160 through 20
meters?<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>

Chester Alderman<br>