[TenTec] 222 and more

bill buchanan wb4wen@hotmail.com
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:13:48 PST

Well Ten Tec:

Looks like 220 is of more interest than 432, but I say a design for 432
will make it back to 220 F.B. Maybe not visa a versa?

I'll wait and see what comes out.....though on the 6 meter version there
is quite a call for a hard-key line to replace or complement the present
method of COR keying. That nice front-end trans is indeed wasted by the
diode switching setup.....I've measured the overall resultant noise
figure at 8db or so....seems like ARRL testing (QST) was simular. Guys
and Gals the 2M version (10M to 2M) is indeed much better. Now I know
that the 6M versions are not being passed off as the ultimate in design,
but not bad for general use. Have anyone else out there been "modifying
around abit" on them.....lets here it....

As to repairs, I say thanks again Garland and Ten Tec for the nice job
on the Argosy......I've had many good replies concering this
station......George W. I can't answer the question directly, seems like
hotmail is considered a spam mailer and I'm blocked from direct reply to
MC.com.....you might mention this to the server......

73

Bill
WB4WEN