[TenTec] Omni 6+ Questions

JDuffy@aol.com JDuffy@aol.com
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:02:39 EST

Maybe some of you Omni 6+ owners out there can answer a few questions.  I just
traded in my Paragon II for the Omni.  It just arrived yesterday.  Receiver
sounds great.  Two QSO's said the xmit audio was crisp and clean.  But, here
are some questions:

1.) The tuning knob is real tight.  I took off the knob to adjust the tension,
but that is not the problem.  The shaft (without the knob) is real tight.
Anyway to loosen this up so that the knob will spin faster and smoother?

2.) The keypad buttoms seen to be recessed too much in comparison to the
Paragon II.  Do you have to push your buttons till there flush with the pad in
order for them to work?

Thanks for the any answers to the questions.

Regards,

Duffy - WB8NUT