[TenTec] Omni VI problem follow up

N1qdw@aol.com N1qdw@aol.com
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 19:42:14 EDT

   Called Ten Tec today, explained the problem of the rig resetting to
14.000.00
and 12:00 each time the rig was shut off. Ten Tec said that is sounded like
the 3v battery backup on the logic board. I told them that the battery was
fine, it metered
out at 3v. I also told them that i performed the system reset both full and
partial to
no avail. They advised me to do another type of reset that is not in the book.
That reset is to power down the radio ,remove the 3v battery press and hold
the "lock"
button while turning the rig on and hold for several seconds. Then do a full
reset as
described in the manual. Next do a partial reset as described in the manual.
Power
off rig and replace battery. Turn the rig on and see if that worked. If that
did not work
they said to ship the rig back as there is most likely a problem with the
logic board.

It did not work, So I guess I'll keep the rig for another week to check it out
for any
other quirks before I send it back. Will post to the group when the results
are in from
Ten Tec.

/Kevin - K1KEG