[TenTec] New TT Radio

BDrum5555@aol.com BDrum5555@aol.com
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:53:47 EDT

I think that TT has become a company that is living on its following.  This
could be dangerous in the future for them.  I live very close to a Ham Radio
Outlet and am surprised by the comments I get when asked about the radio that
I use.  Alot of the people have never heard or seen a TT radio and some say "I
thought they went belly-up like the other USA co".  I might add that a lot of
these people are no-code techs.

Now to my point:

If the new ARRL license deal comes into play ( when it comes ) I think TT
should be ready with a radio around $1200-1400.  As I think there will be alot
of HF rigs sold.   I  see in the past that they have not done that great with
a low end radio but I think using some of the ideas of the Delta II and Scout
they could come up with a radio fairly quickly with out a lot of cost and R&D
for TT.  And then advertise the heck out of it.

Anyway just a thought.

73 Doug KF6BKH

P.S.  I hope I am wrong!