[TenTec] AB4GX Yagi

Jim White jwwhite@gate.net
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:15:19 -0400

Carl,  The website for AB4GX Yagi is;   http://24.3.65.161
follow links to "residential yagi" or "Build 20M Yagi" the photo is at the
bottom..I would like to emphasize that the Fiberglassing of the end (boom)
pieces  IS important for strength.. and for the plywood pieces, I used 5 ply
birch aircraft plywood from the hobby shop ( 1/4 in.)- AB4GX  says he was
able to get a match to 50 ohms with a 1-to-1 balun.. I went right for the
throat with a 50 ohm unbal. to 12.5 ohm balun..also, my resonant freq.
(center freq.) shifts down in the rain, I simply coated the coils with  5
coats of oil paint- AB4GX used  large Dia. shrink tubing. Probably better
with the shrink tube to keep water off the coils..
'73 Jim W. K1EXE