[TenTec] Need Scout DC Connectors (Source)

Beamer, Jay JBeamer@PanAmSat.com
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:00:42 -0500

Hello Richard,

These plugs, both male and female, are readily available. They are made by
AMP and these specific plugs are call Mate-N-Loc. They also make another
very similar called the Mate-N-Loc II, but the kind Ten Tec uses is the
plain Mate-N-Loc. They are available in many configurations but typically
the Ten Tec xcvrs use a two pin (Scout) or a 4 pin (Paragon). You have to
buy the pins separately. Two sources are Digi-Key and Mouser. Get their
catalog if you don't have one.

GL,

Jay/KM6VX

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Lubash [mailto:rlubash@poco.mv.com]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 1999 6:30 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Need Scout DC Connectors (Source)

I'm trying to obtain a male (like on end of DC cord) and female (like on
back of rig) molded power connector set like used on the scout. I need to
make an extension cord for removable mobile mounting. Does anyone know if
there is a Radio Shack part number for these. I seem to remember reading
something like that but can't put my hands on the information.

Thanks es 73

Richard / N1VXW

Richard Lubash
rlubash@poco.mv.com