[TenTec] Problem Number 2: Again the Display!

Robert Weingaertner weingaertner@nac.net
Fri, 09 Apr 1999 08:17:19 -0400

I had the same problem with my Corsair I. Maybe the designs are
similar. See if the Delta has a Counter Logic Board for the display.
On the Corsair, this is in a shielded box along with the Counter Time
Base Board. In this design, an MK58398N is used as a preset/programmable
counter. The programming pins are 11, 12, 13, 14. They are set by a
combination of diodes, IC's and transistors to preset the counter
depending on band and USB/LSB. In my case, one of the bypass
capacitors on the preset lines was shorted, causing that line
to be pulled high all the time.

Also, the PTO signal goes through an SN7490 prescaler before it goes
into the counter chip. This is another area to look. The manual may
tell you what the counter presets should be for various bands when
the VFO jumper is removed. If these are correct, then the preset circuit
is working and the PTO signal is just not getting in. As always, check
the "mass term" connectors and the harness wires that attach to them.
Sometimes the connector is ok, but the wire isn't in tight.

		73, Bob WB2VUF