[TenTec] Re: (Ten Tec) Centaur Amplifier info?

Ken & Linda Burrough ne0c@1st.net
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:56:36 -0400

Michael Melland asked:  I'd like to hear from owners of this amp and solicit
any comments good or bad about it.

Michael, I have the Ten-Tec Omni 6 Plus and the Centaur Amplifier and I must say they are a great pair.  CW or SSB the amp followes the Omni, it makes operating a joy.  I have my vox delay set at "2" and the amp keys with my voice.  I can't say enough of the CW operating, the QSK is the worlds best and this is an amplifier.

The fan is a bit noisy, however if the mic level and processor are set for good audio the fan noise is not bad.  One more thing about fan noise, use vox and keep the delay to the short side, the fan will not be heard set this way.

I have owned two Heathkit amps, SB220 and SB200.  The Centaur is by far much better then either.  If you want to schedule a time, I would be glad to get on the air so you can hear the Centaur.

73 and good luck

Ken/ne0c
USAF Retired
Flushing, Ohio