[TenTec] May 1999 QST, Page 111

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:39:34 -0500

I don't follow, Mike.  What's the significance (to you) of
14280.11 kHz (+RIT of 0.11 kHz)?

Scot and Stan have the radio set up fairly well: mic gain at 10
o'clock, PWR at max, NB at full CCW, PBT at 12 o'clock, AF at
minimum, S-meter shows minimum--rightly so: Meter switch is in
Proc position, USB LED is on, RIT LED is on, LP and DSP LED's are
on, Keyer speed looks nominal, but Processor control looks a bit
high (11 o'clock?)

I give them credit.  At least the radio looks like it's set up
well and it's in the ham band--interestingly, on a frequency
which we at Johnson Space Center ARC designated a long time ago
as one of our internally  suggested operating frequencies to make
it easy for the ham population to find us during missions or
whenever we get on and operate.

Nice twist of marketing strategy.  Personally, I've felt exactly
that way many times and worry often, but about if Ten-Tec becomes
TOO popular, their personalized service may suffer.

.
73,
dale, kg5u