[TenTec] New OMNI 6 Owner Needs advice

Oldrat5330@aol.com Oldrat5330@aol.com
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:17:23 EDT

Hello to all. I am new to the list and also a new Omni 6+ owner. I just
ordered it yesterday and would appreciate some advice from all you very
knowledgeable hams out there.
I mostly ragchew on 75 and 40 meter SSB and would like to know what my best
choices among the optional filters would be. I don't want anything so tight
that the signal will be distorted but at the same time I want the maximum
benefit from the extra filters in line. Kinda like having your cake and
eating it too!!!! I just got dragged out of the tube days and dont really
know whether to add to the 1st IF, the 2nd, or both.
C'mon guys, help out an old fogy with a new radio......

Jerry Neal  KB5PN