[TenTec] Ten-Tec 1253 SW Receiver Kit

Paul Herrera p-herrera@tamu.edu
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:41:10 -0500

--------------A2B4D62A491EF0D8CE76C70D

I have a teen age cousin who is interested in electronics. I am thinking
of getting him a Ten-Tec 1253 SW Receiver Kit so that he gets a taste of
kit building and SWL.

Now my question, eventually I would like to introduce him to Ham radio.
My question is how good is the unit at picking up CW signals. And if the
unit is not that good, is there some homebrew solution for this.

Paul Herrera,  KD5DXK

--------------A2B4D62A491EF0D8CE76C70D

<HTML>
<FONT COLOR="#000000">I have a teen age cousin who is interested in electronics.
I am thinking of getting him a Ten-Tec 1253 SW Receiver Kit so that he
gets a taste of kit building and SWL.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"></FONT>

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000">Now my question, eventually I would like to introduce
him to Ham radio. My question is how good is the unit at picking up CW
signals. And if the unit is not that good, is there some homebrew solution
for this.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"></FONT>

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000">Paul Herrera,&nbsp; KD5DXK</FONT></HTML>

--------------A2B4D62A491EF0D8CE76C70D--