[TenTec] Paragon "PLL Out of Lock"

patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:47:16 +0100 (BST)

Just a thought - is your DC supply voltage a tad low for some reason
or other ?? I believe that lower than normal voltage can cause
strange problems in the PLL area.

But the best bet has to be the advice about checking for bad
connections. I had a problem with my OMNI-V that only responded to
re-soldering in the VCO area to ensure that the screening box was
actually grounded all round. The area was also contaminated with
stray flux, some of it in hair-like strands. Its been OK for several
years now; I guess I welded the thing shut after all.

John G3JAG

E-Mail: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk
Date: 14-Apr-99
Time: 23:43:12