[TenTec] Centaur tuning ?

Michael Melland badger@vbe.com
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:42:48 -0500

I received my new "used" Centaur amp from TT today.  It appears to be in
pretty nice shape.  I hooked it up to my Omni and it seems to work well
too...... but the tuning seems very touchy, especially on the higher
bands.  I know that much of this may be due to my unfamiliarity with the
amp but it sure doesn't seem like I had to diddle with my TS-830S as
long as it takes me to tune this up for decent power ???

I do notice that the red band covering the end of one of the components
(windings) is curled up and loose like at some point it got very hot....
wonder if that has anything to do with my difficulty in tuning it ?

I did manage to get it tuned up and had several qso's on 17 and 20
meters though..... had good signal reports.

73 and still learning about amps <grin>.

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS
Winneconne, Wisconsin, USA