[TenTec] Ok, if the Argo was/is so popular.....

patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:33:36 +0100 (BST)

Most of the rest of the world has only 7000-7100. Of that only
7000-7030 is really used for CW. Data and SSB have the rest, with SSB
taking all of 7040-7100. The area above 7100 is stuffed with
over-modulated broadcasters. If we had it, it would be pretty useless.

You will find many Europeans (and often others) operating at modest
speeds in the 7000-7030 sector, because we have nowhere else to hide.
Above 7010 is a good place to start looking. But you might well
find people like VK3RP who runs 40 watts (a two tube crystal
controlled rig very many years old) just below 7010. Page is VERY
workable from here with 100w. No beams, just wire antennas at both
ends.

I have worked all continents on the low end of 40 with 4 watts .... so
don't give up just because there are guys around the bottom end with
bug keys, linears and beams. Just move up a little and let them have
their fun. You will be heard if the static level is OK at both ends.
Oh yes; I have often called DX stations and had no reply because they
had static I could not hear, and vice versa.

John G3JAG

E-Mail: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk
Date: 19-Apr-99
Time: 00:06:47