[TenTec] Counterpoise Kit?

JAMES T BRANNIGAN JTBRANNIGAN@prodigy.net
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:05:29 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE8B69.233A41C0

   =20
    I've got this blind ham friend who lives in a second story =
apartment. I ran
    50ft of wire out to a tree from his TenTec tuner and connected the =
rig to a
    water pipe ground. He gets RF bites on most bands for obvious =
reasons.
   =20
    I see TenTec sells a counterpoist tuner. Has anyone dealt with this =
problem
    and tried a gadget like this? Here's the link. Look it over and tell =
me what
    you think. We can't put up a decent antenna due to restrictions.
   =20
    http://www.tentec.com/Amateur.htm
    The is a much simpler, cheaper solution.  Get hold of some FLAT 4 =
conductor rotor cable. (Try Radio shack)
    Buy enough to be a 1/4 wave long at your lowest operating frequency.
    At ONE end solder all four wires to a solder lug that will fit on =
the ground stud of the radio.
    Now measure and cut the OTHER end to be 1/4 wavelength at the lowest =
operating frequency.
    Measure a 1/4 wavelength at your next lowest band, and peel back and =
cut off the excess three of the wires.
    next lowest frequency two wires and so on....if you operate on more =
than four bands, start another set of four wires.....
   =20
    Run the counterpoise in as straight a line as possible.  You can =
tuck it in the base board or around the ceiling and into the next =
room(s).
   =20
    Length is not critical and is easy to adjust by adding or cutting =
the wire....
    This should take care of RF on the chassis.
   =20
    Jim
   =20
   =20

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE8B69.233A41C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: =
5px">
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT>
    <DIV>I've got this blind ham friend who lives in a second story =
apartment. I=20
    ran<BR>50ft of wire out to a tree from his TenTec tuner and =
connected the=20
    rig to a<BR>water pipe ground. He gets RF bites on most bands for =
obvious=20
    reasons.<BR><BR>I see TenTec sells a counterpoist tuner. Has anyone =
dealt=20
    with this problem<BR>and tried a gadget like this? Here's the link. =
Look it=20
    over and tell me what<BR>you think. We can't put up a decent antenna =
due to=20
    restrictions.<BR><BR><A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.tentec.com/Amateur.htm">http://www.tentec.com/Amateur.=
htm</A><BR>The=20
    is a much simpler, cheaper solution.&nbsp; Get hold of some FLAT 4 =
conductor=20
    rotor cable. (Try Radio shack)</DIV>
    <DIV>Buy enough to be a 1/4 wave long at your lowest operating=20
    frequency.</DIV>
    <DIV>At ONE end solder all four wires to a solder lug that will fit =
on the=20
    ground stud of the radio.</DIV>
    <DIV>Now measure and cut the OTHER end to be 1/4 wavelength at the =
lowest=20
    operating frequency.</DIV>
    <DIV>Measure a 1/4 wavelength at your next lowest band, and peel =
back and=20
    cut off the excess three of the wires.</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=3D#000000><FONT size=3D3>next lowest frequency two =
wires and so=20
    on....if you operate on more than four bands, start another set of =
four=20
    wires.....</FONT></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT color=3D#000000><FONT size=3D3></FONT></FONT><FONT=20
    size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Run the counterpoise in as straight a line as possible.&nbsp; =
You can=20
    tuck it in the base board or around the ceiling and into the next=20
    room(s).</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Length is not critical and is easy to adjust by adding or =
cutting the=20
    wire....</DIV>
    <DIV>This should take care of RF on the chassis.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Jim</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01BE8B69.233A41C0--