[TenTec] QST Delta II review

Al Gulseth agulseth@juno.com
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:01:54 EDT

If QST's Argonaut/Delta II reviewer left shortly thereafter to take a job
with Kenwood as seems to have been alleged on this reflector, then why
does QST's Scout reviewer in December 1993 (almost 2 years AFTER the
other review) make reference to his own comments in the Argonaut/Delta II
review?  To quote KJ1Z: "I beefed about the performance of the ArgoDelt's
IF filtering in February 1992 QST's Argonaut/Delta II review for a couple
of reasons...." BTW, his review of the Scout seems pretty positive: "I
like the Scout. It works and sounds like a real radio...." This hardly
seems like someone who had not too long previously given a bad review to
a piece of gear because he had a vested interest in a competing
manufacturer! Or am I missing something here?

73,

Al WB5JNC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]