[TenTec] Re: Option 3 Upgrade

Roy Koeppe royanjoy@ncn.net
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 15:28:27 -0500

WD9FRF Wrote:

"UPS, FedEx and others seem to take pride in how many Gs they are able
subject a package to."

K0UBC had severe shipping damage twice during upgrading. The first time,
his OMNI-6 actually suffered rear apron metal deformation, along with
component damage. This had to represent a 15-foot drop??

When I shipped my own 6 back, I saw them stacking similiar cartons to
mine up against the wall, standing from a ladder! This was in the open
for customers to observe. Heaven only knows what goes on behind the
scenes. It's a racket, because WE pay for the insurance for them to
simply perform the job we pay them to do--deliver the package in one
piece. Consumer's Union delcared that THEY should be paying the
insurance fees. Then, if they abuse too many things, their own premiums
will rise, and limit their ability to compete with compeditors' prices.

K6XK