[TenTec] Century 21 problem

Mike Souhrada wb9iog@revealed.net
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 22:50:09 -0500

Kb4utv@aol.com wrote:
John
I would not be too hasty on diagnosing it as a drive problem.
Further, the meter may or may not be properly set.

The manual covers this on page 3-28, second paragraph.
Find (good luck) the 2.5 Ohm 100 watt load resister and use an external
meter to measure the actual current draw under load. I found a 5 Ohm
about
50 watt variable in my junk box so I was lucky to be able to do this.
Set the meter first when drawing 6 A. Then adjust the SCR to trip when
operating normally.
I saw the other reply-could be that -not likely; however, it would
explain
the jumping 30-15 watt situation. So would failure of the drive
transisters
or finals.
Remember this unit shuts down when the load exceeds 6 A and that's
controlled
by the SCR circuit.

The 2N3055 should not get "really hot"-
Mike