[TenTec] FS: 546 Omni Series C and accessories station

Carl R. Gansen wb0cff@hotmail.com
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 14:32:40 PDT

Well, the rig is not mine and dates prior to my serious interest
in Ten Tec goodies so I am not totally familiar with
everything about the evolution...

But, as I understand it, there was an Omni A and Omni D introduced
about the same time (198?).  The differences were the A was analog frequency
readout and the D was digital readout.
  There was a Series B which made some improvements on the original
Omni D. I do not know what these were.
  On the series C version of the Omni D, the squelch control was removed and
in its place on the front panel a nice effective
audio filter was added. I believe the Series C is the preferred
rig in the series.

I think that is at least close to the history.  If I'm all wrong
on this I'm sure some of the reflector TT gurus can help out
and I'd invite them to correct (or embellish) this info.