[TenTec] First comments: Triton IV Model 544

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:20:03 -0400 (EDT)

> Tonight I would say the Omni remains my rig of choice!!

Somehow I figured this would be the conclusion. This kind of testing
procedure just won't work. What you need is a "smileometer". Connect it to
each side of the mouth and take readings while using each rig over a
period of several years.

You will find that the Omni 6+ obtains it's "quiteness" by using sharp
filters and dsp while the Triton 4 is quite in it's natural state. Listen
to the rigs with their filters wide open on a stormy night with lots of
static. Copy the cw in your head for a while at 30+ wpm on each rig with
your eyes closed and the lights out.Tell us how you feel after
experiencing each rig. Are your nerves jangled or do you have an happy,
light feeling and your xyl looks at you and says something like " I bet I
know what you have on your mind". But she is wrong.

Steve Ellington N4LQ
N4LQ@IGLOU.COM