[TenTec] Solution: Replacement for TT 1140 circuit breaker

w8au@sssnet.com w8au@sssnet.com
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 22:52:56 -0400

Neither one is proper.  The 7A won't hold unless you lower the xmit power,
and the 20A is a bit over the normal operating current.

I modified the one I had for my Argosy, after I got the Scout,(about 9A) by
unwinding some turns from the magnetic coil, thereby increasing the trip
current to 14 A.

You might do this modification to the 7A unit, if something better can't be
found.

This seems to be about right for the Scout, considering Collector Current
variations with SWR shifts as the mobile antenna passes overhead wires or
underpasses.

GL/73,
Perry w8au