[TenTec] 550 Pegasus

Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales sales@tentec.com
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:01:07 -0400

We've been reading some of the reflector comments on the Pegasus over the
last couple of days.  I wanted to point out a couple of features that the
Pegasus will incorporate and correct a technical inaccuracy that was
posted here.

It was noted in an earlier e-mail message that the blocking dynamic range
of the Kachina 505DSP was 118 dB vs. 90 dB for the Pegasus.  This is an
apples to oranges comparison.  118 dB is the claimed blocking dynamic
range spec for the 505DSP; the 90 dB quoted for the Pegasus is the
two-tone third order IMD dynamic range spec.  Kachina specs the 505DSP
two-tone third order IMD dynamic range at 96 dB; Ten-Tec spec for the
550 Pegasus is 90 dB.

After hearing lots of comments at Dayton on computer controlled
transceivers, we made a couple of feature additions that are not listed
on our sales literature.  First, utilizing the latest available
technology, we've made plug-in ROM upgrades a thing of the past.
The ROM chip in the Pegasus will be upgradeable via the Internet.
The "Flash Loader" software incorporated into the transceiver operating
software will allow you to upgrade the ROM chip via files downloaded
from our web site.  Of course, the operating software will also be
upgradeable from web site downloads.

We will be incorporating a CW keyer into the Pegasus.  We had announced
it as "probable", but it will definitely be included.  The initial
version of the Pegasus will also be shipping with the Buckmaster
Publishing HamCall CD-ROM integrated as part of the Pegasus operating
interface and will include a free copy of the HamCall CD-ROM shipped
with the transceiver.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (423) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (423) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (423) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone (423) 428-0364 or (423) 453-7172.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.