[TenTec] Power Mite questions

Al Gulseth agulseth@juno.com
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 18:30:55 EDT

Attention Power Mite gurus:

I am currently in possession of a "Power Mite" but unfortunately have no
documentation. The RX seems to work (other than some "scratchy" controls
but I haven't tried the TX yet as it appears the driver ("osc") and PA
stages have tuning or peaking adjustments. I would like to know the
correct tuneup procedure before I start as I suspect that incorrect
adjustment can cause problems; my reasoning is due to the fact that it
appears that the PA transistor has been replaced at some point in time!

Also, was there more than one version of the Power Mite? It seems like I
have seen one or two at hamfests through the years that were open frame
but this one is in a case -- there is no model or serial number on it,
just Ten-Tec's name on the back.

Any other operating hints or comments on the rig are also welcome.

73,

Al  WB5JNC