[TenTec] Some Rig Comparisons

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:21:44 -0400

Hi Jim, de Joe AA4NN
On Sun, 15 Aug 1999 14:37:50 -1000 "Jim Reid" <jreid@aloha.net> writes:
snip

>Not sure I should have done this.  I fixed
>up an Alpha/Delta four way coax switch
>from my C4 beam on the way to my rigs.
>Now I can immediately compare the "sound"
>of three rigs:  the Omni VI+,  the Triton IV
>digital (544) and the Yaesu FT-1000D.

Why not, Jim, it is very reasonable to have the capability
to switch between rigs.  I use the old Heathkit coax switch
to select either of the Omni VI+, Corsair II, or Triton 540.
In addition, I put a wafer switch on the shaft going to the
heathkit switch so when I switch rigs the wafer switches the
keying line (as I am all CW here) and the headset line, both
 to a common point where my keyer and headset plug in.

>BTW, has anyone ever come up with a mod to
>the Triton to replace the sawtooth sounding CW
>sidetone to something more pleasant to listen
>to over time?

Hi, that is an awful sound on the Triton.  Hope someone will
respond with a mod where the pitch and volume is adjustable.

Vy 73, de Joe AA4NN
Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee