[TenTec] Speakers

charles w burkhardt cburk001@juno.com
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 08:57:29 -0600

Gentlemen: A  topic that  is related indirectly to Ten-Tec.  I have
downloaded a number of CW programs and do find them useful for trying to
increase  my speed. Unfortunately they all  work through the small
speaker included in the PC case.  I found, with my hearing,that this was
not satisfactory and soldered the speaker leads to a shielded cable and
brought this out to a small speaker located directly in front  of the
monitor.  This is not the complete answer because I still often have
trouble hearing all of the code. Has anyone experienced a similar problem
 and found an acceptable answer? I do not know of any way to increase the
volume of the speaker mounted in the case. Thanks, Charlie K0GPF