[TenTec] RF & Pegasus

David McClafferty at060@chebucto.ns.ca
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:22:19 -0400 (AST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, JEFF S JOHNSON wrote:

> I should hope Pegasus has DC voltage out for the Mic. so a battery is not
> needed.

I did not have a battery in my 705 when I used it with the Omni V. When I
got the Pegasus the LED on the 705  base would only glow very dimly and
the rig was obviously not being fully modulated, so I had to put a battery
in. The manual says it provides 4.5 Volts for electret mics. Appearently
that not enough for the 705. I hope that we will get schematics someday so
one could look into modifying such things. I hate batteries, they leak and
ruin a lot of good gear.

				73, Dave, VE1ADH